No one ever said practicing dental hygiene would be easy, but the origin of upper body aches and pains is not all work related. The impact activities outside of the clinical setting is often ignored or underappreciated………and no one is talking about it.
Today’s world demands 24/7 connectivity. Current research indicates that your aching neck is the elephant in the room and maybe affecting you more than you imagined. Texting neck and other maladies are real.
Understanding how today’s digital lifestyles impact our overall health can be a critical step in preventing unnecessary and unwanted injuries.
– Review of spinal anatomy
– Understand the physics of poor head posture
– Recognize how digital devices contribute to musculoskeletal pain
– Develop strategies to mitigate postural challenges
Subject codes: 010, 149
Oh, my aching neck….Why the digital epidemic is the elephant in the room
Recorded: September 29, 2021
Expires: September 29, 2024
Speaker: Anne N. Guignon, RDH, MPH, CSP
1 CEU | Electronically Mediated I Online | Lecture | Home Study
This on-demand course is self-study and not considered live in most state’s State Dental Practice Acts. Please refer to your state’s practice act for specific requirements.
- PC, Mac, Laptop, and other mobile devices with standard web browser capability.
- Newest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, MSEdge, Safari, or Opera internet browsers.
- Internet connection with 500+Kbps