A healthy working environment includes tools and spaces that allow a worker to perform tasks safely. Many clinical dental hygienists have limited input regarding the physical configuration of the workspace. This is where the science of ergonomics can help us prevent needless injuries.
The needs of the individual clinician are critical. Healthy postures come from using carefully designed products that are correctly fitted. Customization is the key. The first step is selecting the right frame that fits the user’s facial geometry. The second step is creating custom set of loupes using detailed measurements that match the clinical environment.
Clinicians armed with custom magnification and illumination devices work in greater comfort and can now shift their focus to patient care and tweaking the rest of the clinical environment to support their physical needs.
- Understand how the frame lays the foundation for properly fitted loupes
- Appreciate advancements in product materials, optical quality, and lighting technologies
- Learn why reaching and room layout are critical
- Discover the synergy between magnification, illumination, and healthy seating
Recorded: October 20, 2021
Expires: October 20, 2022
Speaker: Anne N. Guignon, RDH, MPH, CSP
1 CEU | Electronically Mediated I Online | Lecture | Home Study
This on-demand course is self-study and not considered live in most state’s State Dental Practice Acts. Please refer to your state’s practice act for specific requirements.
- PC, Mac, Laptop, and other mobile devices with standard web browser capability.
- Newest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, MSEdge, Safari, or Opera internet browsers.
- Internet connection with 500+Kbps