Spit is it…..and it matters!
Saliva is a magical fluid that supports overall health and wellness. Many take this precious fluid for granted until it’s gone. Dry mouth syndrome is an increasing problem in all age groups, from children to seniors.
- Review the prevalence of dry mouth syndrome
- Discover the difference between xerostomia/feeling dry and hyposalivation/being dry
- Learn about the complexity of salivary production
- Appreciate the components of healthy saliva
- Understand the range of factors that lead to dry mouth
- Describe why modern lifestyles lead to dry mouth
Course codes: 010, 730
Recorded: January 23, 2022
Expires: January 22, 2024
Speaker: Anne N. Guignon, RDH, MPH, CSP
2.5 CEUs | Electronically Mediated I Online | Lecture | Home Study
This on-demand course is self-study and not considered live in most state’s State Dental Practice Acts. Please refer to your state’s practice act for specific requirements. System Requirements
- PC, Mac, Laptop, and other mobile devices with standard web browser capability.
- Newest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, MSEdge, Safari, or Opera internet browsers.
- Internet connection with 500+Kbps
This course is non-refundable.