The Tapas Series
Virtual program on demand- 1 CEU
AGD Pace – AGD Subject codes: 010, 430, 730
Simple salivary testing can shed a light on why patients are struggling with oral disease. It takes less than one minute to perform basic salivary testing. Knowing the salivary pH and buffering capacity adds more pieces to the puzzle. This data changes the conversation leading to a higher level of patient engagement and ongoing monitoring of important risk factors.
Prescription and over-the-counter medicines, home remedies, and supplements are used to combat illness, provide relief, and support health. The oral consequences of medications and supplements are rarely discussed. It’s time to shed light on the pH of products impact oral health status, especially when used routinely or multiple times every day.
- Describe basic salivary pH and buffering testing steps.
- Learn how to implement salivary testing protocols.
- Appreciate testing pH – levels of beverages/medications/ supplements/plain water.
- Recognize how testing improves communication
- Understand the unique role of the dental hygienist.